Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Introduction

      For this class I will be researching the interactions between organisms found throughout Central Iowa. I will be spending time in the woods each week studying the plants and animals that thrive in Iowa's timbers, prairies, and farmland. Two of the species that I will focus on are turkey and deer. These animals, due to their size have the capability of having a larger impact on their surrounding environment. I will be documenting evidence of their movements and interaction with the ecosystem. Along with field research I will be researching text and researching the internet for relevant information surrounding these environments. I will also be interviewing people that have connections in this field. The chance to do my own field study in high school was my main motivation for pursuing this class. I have spent 12 years learning in the classroom and I now have the chance to use that knowledge in the real world which is a fantastic opportunity. I hope that this course gives me experience that I can use to help myself in my career pursuit for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Your introduction is wonderful. It covers specifically what you are doing for the course and why you want to do this course. I am so excited to follow your progress with this field study. The course was designed originally to allow students to follow their interests and passions while pushing themselves to make learning more meaningful and challenging. Your plan will do all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background for the blog! It fits your focus well!

    ReplyDelete